Thursday, February 5, 2009

All I am looking forward to is a nice long Thaipusam weekend with RA Salvatore in my left hand and a cup of steaming hot milo in the other. Or a good long day in Borders on the carpeted floor with a book in my hands.

Unfortunately, things are not always how you want them to be. Class Test 1 next week. Boo hoo.

Am in the Web again, sitting in a defective chair (most of the chairs in the web are), started out researching genetic engineering ethics but ended up googling Christian Bale pictures.

Have you heard his rant? It was filled with more explicit words than I would say in a year.

Am reading Stephen King's "The Running Man". Kor's fault.

Thanks rui for the mp3 player, but sadly things aren't going the way I want them to. Long story short, the mp3 player isn't doing what it is created to do--play music.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

An interesting thing happened on Wednesday. I was extremely surprised to find that almost everyone in my class opposed to the Charles Darwin's theory of evolution--that we originate from primates. It seems that the majority of my class are stubbornly holding onto the belief that we descended from Adam and Eve. Mmm, interesting, eh?

Oh, for the record, I hold no doubt that Darwin was right. He's a genius.

Will be doing my ESL research on cloning instead of euthanasia. Cloning is a really cool topic, kinda controversial, too.

Ah, the sun is shining. Off I go.

"I went on a lesbian cruise once. Well I'm guessing it was a lesbian cruise because none of the women would sleep with me" Mick Molloy

4 comments:

dee anne said...

Woman. I know you probably didn't do this intentionally, but We aren't exactly descended from primates, for heaven's sake. We and modern primates have evolved from common ancestors. Please, please don't distill Darwin into one disastrous sentence including some variation of "descended from" and "primates" within two words of each other. You'll just piss off the creationists more (which isn't to say it's a bad thing, just lets not start argument based on flawed reasoning).

Okay? Bio student?

Damn you and your bio/psych combination. I cannot believe you're up to milgram already.You should read up on the prison experiments, they're even more disturbing.

dee anne said...

I've just realized how angsty the last comment sounds. Sorry :(. Nothing personal, it's just that I have seen too many people going "WTF we can't be descended from monkeys! Burn Darwin for a witch!" and so on and so forth.

Ooh, and I've just remembered about chick tracts. Wiki them. Then show them to the creationists in class, especially this one http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1051/1051_01.asp and this one http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp. Let them be embarrassed.

WonDerNooB said...

Oh, the perils of science vs religion.

Ee Lin said...

hmm, i'll read up on that, dee. =) thanks for pointing that out.

yes, the endless argument.