Saturday, December 27, 2008

Today has been one awesome day. :) Orchestra practice. FOUR clarinets. One 1st clarinet. Two 2nd clarinets. One bass clarinet.

Well it wasn't easy to get everyone together so this is the first time the clarinet section's all filled up since I've returned. :) And I was worrying that my reeds were wearing thin but apparently my senior's selling his old (but somehow still new) reeds that produce great sound. And if that wasn't enough, I got my dear Zekee back! PLUS, I get to play on a 6C MOUTHPIECE. SIX-CEE PEO.PLE.

So naturally it was much tougher than usual, but I enjoy the heightened difficulty. :) Presents a healthy challenge. Today Pak Lim played me bro's bass clarinet! haha. So cool.

Check out this vid peepz. Pretty lame, but it does crack people up. :)




Courtesy of Mr. Yong who so graciously introduced me to his brand of humour.

And welcome, Emily, to the clarinet family!

It's interesting how I see so much of myself in her--the fear of playing in front of better players, not asking questions. I pledge to make her period in GCO the best yet!

Off to Renaissance Choir audition tomorrow. Am down with a sorethroat today. Hopefully it goes away by tmr.


EL

No comments: