Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It is never good to bring someone acrophobic to a theme park high up above the clouds.

Ac-ro-pho-bi-a :–noun . an abnormal or pathological fear of heights.

First, there's the Skyway to First World Plaza.



The only compensation for my willingness to rise up more than a hundred feet into the air and suspended only from a cable with no parachutes in the gondola was the cool air.

It must've been at least 17 degrees Celsius.

Drops to about 15 degrees Celsius in the morning? Brr.

brr.

We went to first world hotel and braved the loooong wait. It was 0996, and we were 1145. So that meant we had at least a hundred and fourty five more people to go. We had anticipated it, so we took out our charkwayteow from Petaling jaya and ate them. Cold charkwayteow, ugh. Better than paying RM8.10 for a piece of roti canai, though.

The room isn't very nice, the average 3-star hotel.

Main attractions are the roller coasters in the theme park-lah.

Even if I'm acrophobic, and severely so, I still rode them. So kudos to me, thank u thank u.

Highlight of the day--the Flying Coaster.

Come on, I'm sure you've heard of this stomach-churning ride, no?



This ride's different cos' they'd strap you VERTICALLY and tilt you up so that you lie flat on your stomach, like Superman.

Unfortunately I never knew that fact. Also I've never taken a better look at the route it takes. If I had I wouldn't have gone on it.


It was five seconds into the ride before I realised that it was a bad idea. At that time we hadn't even gained any height yet. And that was the time I exclaimed, "Oh CRAP. I need to tie MY HAIR." So people, tie your hair before going onto a roller coaster.

Here's how it's like. And no, that's not me screaming. I would've screamed a hell lot louder, and an octave higher. I'd kill the bats within a mile radius.



At some point, some inverted phase, I stopped screaming, because you tend to forget to scream when you experience true fear. I'm not saying I'm a chicken. I'm just chronically, deathly afraid of heights.

I can't look out of the third storey corridor back at SMKDJ without feeling an uneasy squirm in the stomach.

Now that's a confession.

Back to the Flying Coaster, I'd say it's worth the ride. I came down with wobbly feet. Stupid camera shot was terrible. My hair covered three quarters of my face. damn. we still bought it anyway, cos' daniel had no hair covering his face.

Other than that we went on very few rides, cos' mummy and daddy couldn't ride most of them =( and we felt bad making them wait. So we'll go again without the adults next time. :) Partially also because we spent most our time QUEUEING and WAITING and LOOKING FOR RELATIVELY CHEAPER FOOD.

Ripley's was really cool. And Dinosaurland was nice, don't think of it as a kiddy ride. You have to check out the sorta live T-Rex in the exhibit.

We didn't manage to go onto the Spinner, Space Shot or Corkscrew. I sorta chickened out of the Space Shot by just looking at the sheer height it achieves. Na-uh. no thanks.

I'll upload the pics some other time.

Okay enough about Genting.

Who's that hunk??

He's hot. :)

Can't wait to watch Australia.

EL

No comments: