Monday, May 11, 2009

IN A NUTSHELL

I hate in a nutshells. I like elaborations. :) 'Tis been an eventful weekend, but I shall hurry or I'll never get down to studying.

So Friday, Renu and I were feeling mischievous so we pranked Rui boy like, twice, and his Math Studies lecturer like, once. All we had to do was open the door, shout "Ruishengyoudumborstupid" and close it. Easy as it sounds, it takes an incredible amount of guts and gungho to do it. As for his math lecturer, we sat in class and obediently followed lesson (but she didn't teach anything la) until she noticed two foreign faces about five minutes into lesson.

Friday night, ma and I took the LRT and then the Monorail (which has an awesome view of KL) to Menara Hap Seng for the MIA Ladies' Choir concert. We were there on Yoongwai's invitation, so thank you for calling us up, honey. We badly needed the break. So met longtimenosee Yoongwai and Songyeu. Didn't get to speak to Yoongwai much (which I was looking forward to) because I was stuck with the latter, but I didn't mind k. :) Overall the choirs were not bad lah, but I still support the fact that men are an important part of the choir. :))

Went home, looked up the JPA website. Didn't get the scholarship. Bah. Oh well.

Saturday morn. Sat down and wrapped Rui's mum's multilayered present, just to realise an hour later that I left the price tag on the gift LOL. So I had to unwrap everything. What an ordeal.

Renaissance Choir concert on Saturday night! They were not bad lah, and the songs are good, and every choir I know seem to be a big fan of You'll Never Walk Alone. Must be some Liverpool thingy. Everyone sings it!

The next morning was New Leaders' Appointment, which was unnerving but it was exciting as it was my first All Leaders' Meet. The Rainbow Junior Choir, my grassroots choir, sang the ever famous "Ha-ha yo (My mother)" song. Our GD's speech ain't as dull as everyone dread it would be, so thank goodness.

Went to the doc today because of the terrible, unbearable ulcers on my lower lip. It was all swollen and bleeding today. He looked at me with this knowing smile, because I've visited him more than three times in the past two months. LOL. He gave me this oral aid ointment which "won't burn, unlike Bonjela" but which almost made me pass out in blinding pain when I applied it. He cautioned that it had local anesthetic, a warning which went unheeded resulting in a numb tongue tip. LOL. Awesome.

Attended Chinese discussion meet when I should be studying. Didn't regret it though, because Dr. Boey was there, and I learned so much from him. He's one of the very few people I know which I truly, truly admire and respect. Dr. Boey has this fiery passion and belief in him which makes him ever more convincing when delivering guidances. His story about saving the Japanese girl from committing suicide, thoguh I've heard it half a dozen times before, never fails to move me to tears. The story is like this: he was posted to a hospital in Japan, and this father came up to him telling him about his depressed daughter who wishes to end her life. Not knowing how to counsel him, Dr. Boey wrote a note to her,

"There is one thing higher than the sky, and that is your life. Treasure it."

...which was a verse from Ikeda Sensei's poem to Agnes Chan. I cry whenever I hear that verse. So simple, yet so full of meaning.

I want my boyfriend to be like him. He is the most humble person I've ever met, yet he is one of the head paediatricians in Malaysia, and the most passionate man when it comes to faith. He takes the gosho to heart and applies it to daily life. If I want someone other than Ikeda Sensei to be my mentor, it will be him.

Ok gtg bai. :)

EL

1 comment:

`Jacqq said...

Such respectful people, both Ikeda-sensei and Dr. Boey. :)