Friday, June 26, 2009

Growing up with Michael Jackson's hits regularly heard in the house, I was naturally stunned at the news of his passing . The news, delivered by a hurried SMS from Renu 6.30 this morning, was confirmed when I flipped on the channel and CNN had a coverage on his death. I had held onto this desperate hope that he was not dead, that it had all been a hoax by some crazy fan, but even the uncle operating at IK Photocopy Centre was watching the news from one of his computers, commenting on 'what a waste of talent'.

A waste? Michael Jackson might have been anything but a waste. A look at his illustrous career will confirm it. He had been almost god-like, garnering a cult following from around the world that lasted well into the last days of his career. No allegations or accusations could even touch the colossal success he had achieved over the decades.

His light will shine on forever.

Please, listen to Politik. :) It's one of those few Coldplay songs that would make my heart ache at the bridge. 'Oh give me love over, love over, love over this.' The beautiful part starts at 2:53.



I'm going to watch this soon! Can't wait. The trailer was superbly touching.

I had my SWS meeting today, a congregation of the ladies and women. There is a group of girls I know whom are very close to each other, which can be detrimental to any discussion group. Having typical Asian mentalities, their excited chatters vanish once the facilitator begins talking. They keep their silence as though every question asked is a rhetorical one, resulting in long, awkward silences. I find it awfully discouraging and frustrating, particularly when I am proficient in English and being unable to express myself properly in Mandarin (let alone Cantonese). This has happened on one too many occasions, and I get increasingly frustrated.
If this was a discussion in English, I would've been able to occupy the silence with something trivial, but being a chinese discussion, I found myself stunned dumb and not even attempting to phrase something in Mandarin.

Bah, nevermind. Listen to White Shadows by Coldplay.


Maybe you'll get what you wanted,
Maybe you'll stumble upon it,
Everything you ever wanted in a permanent state.

Psychology and Movies. I'll prolly do Lord of the Rings. It takes the least effort, albeit time-consuming to watch them all again.

Ta!

MJ RIP. Long live the king!

EL

1 comment:

dee anne said...

Eh, doing it locally doesn't mean the degree is local lah. The degree will come from monash. I meant "locally" as in "the malaysian campus of monash". and they have the option of going over to aussie for your 2nd or 3rd year. or you could do it all in msia.