Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crest of waves, troughs below!

I have spent the last half an hour glued to the screen finding a suitable university that offers a Bachelor of Arts (Hons or no Hons) in English that is recognised in specifically, as Ma states, Australia.

Quite frankly, I am sick of looking for this bloody degree.

My eyes are sore, and it's frustrating to see just how little qualifications I have right now. I missed the bloody MUET registration deadline and I do not get to register until January next year, and Ma is against the idea of me working half the year away while I wait for the test in May (okay maybe you argue that MUET can be sat for while you are in university, but I'm too exhausted to check right now). And IELTS is simply too expensive.

Plus, seeing that I bloody hell am not able to afford studying Dentistry locally as I initially intended (forget about overseas) (RM600,000! WTF), I might as well move on to a course I know I will excel in, seeing how I'm pretty used to the idea of teaching/lecturing as a career. Saying goodbye to my science subjects would be painful, but Ma says I can keep them by giving tuition. Ugh ugh ugh.

I hate discussing about the future.

Moving on to cheerier things, our Psych presentation topics are out. Psych and Art! Psych and Musicians! Psych and Movies (ie Archetypes)! Sleep disorders! Anxiety disorders! Dream journals! By-stander Effect!

etc etc.

I am debating over Psych and Musicians (Coldplay and how their lyrics are deeply related to the degree they took in Uni), and Psych and Movies (Lord of the Rings, of course. It's very easy to identify the archetypes in there).

Did you know that the lyrics to Coldplay's Clocks can be intepretated as to imply addiction or death? Or that Violet Hill is about a son whose father has gone to war and he is despairing over the circus surrounding the politics of it?

Sleep. Now I know that afternoon naps are a must.


EL

3 comments:

dee anne said...

Monash! They have a BA in creative writing. and you could minor in film and tv studies or something. Yeah that's my plan B.
Also you don't have to do ielts if you get A for english literature in A levels, which I'm planning to get. Muahaha.

dee anne said...

also, you could do it locally, which would be cheaper. but by the time you get there (they increase fees every year D=) it'll be like 100k. But they have entry scholarships, which is good.

Ee Lin said...

OMG. But local degrees aren't recognised in other parts of the world. you know. but I must check out Monash then! hi, dee!