Friday, April 10, 2009

A friend of mine remarked the other day, "death is better than dying."
Curious, I prompted her to say more. "It's better to leave this world that is so full of evil."
It took me all my willpower not to yell, "that's not true!" because it might be parallel to her religious belief (she said it with so much of conviction). However, I thought it was quite a sad statement as it leaves you with no room for hope or happiness. I mean, no denying there's evil in this world, but must we use death as a path to escape it? Why not fight it while you still have breath left in you? Why the futility of it all?
I don't understand. Maybe many people are unaware of the power they have within them to stop the evil of the world from spreading. Wai Leong said that day, "Those who stand aside and wait for evil to fester is more slanderous than the evil itself." I thought those words resonated a lot of truth.
Anyway, I finally got it out of my system. :) Thankkkyeuuuu. :)

GFG Camp prep meet tonight, then MAC tomorrow, then a whole weekend of deadlines to catch up on.

Whee.

Oh, I've got a new phone.

And oh, happy pre-birthday Rui Sheng!


EL

No comments: